Who is a Physiotherapist?

A physiotherapist will have completed a degree in their profession at university. This will take place over the course of a minimum of 3 years.

There are several main areas covered in this degree including musculoskeletal, neurology, respiratory, orthopaedic, care of the elderly amongst others.

Are you safe in their hands?

All physiotherapists have to be accredited to the HCPC (www.hcpc-uk.org.uk) ensuring a high level of practice and constant review of standards and quality of care. The majority of chartered physiotherapists are also members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) http://www.csp.org.uk.

NHS v Private?

Many physiotherapists work across both HNS and private. The NHS would be particularly strong in the area of trauma and fractures. Their front line experience of these conditions means for more serious traumas a visit to the hospital is vital to ensure the correct management.

Privately, physiotherapists tend to have areas of special interest. Here at Pall Mall Physio our physiotherapists cover a range of specialisms including

  • Sports Injuries
  • Back Pain including Sciatica
  • Hip pain
  • Knee Pain
  • Foot Pain
  • Shoulder Pain
  • Elbow Pain
  • Hand Pain
  • Neck Pain
  • Post Operative rehab
  • Pre operative rehab

Physiotherapy is proven to accelerate recovery times from injury and get people back to work quicker than just rest.

If you have a condition that you think may benefit from physio please don’t hesitate to contact one of our friendly team on 0151 244 4262

2016-08-26T15:04:04+00:00 News|0 Comments